RNR 1 day Tully River Rafting
R'n'R White Water Rafting, Australia's Number One Rafting Specialist, rafts daily on the world famous Tully River.
Full Day Tully River
If you want the ultimate in rafting, you want an unforgettable day on the Tully River. The Tully River is Australia’s most famous one-day white water rafting experience! It’s the North’s guaranteed white water, white-knuckle adventure.
Rapids include the unforgettable “Alarm Clock”, “Wet & Moisty”, “Stair Case” and the dramatic “Theatre” - all before a riverside BBQ lunch opposite “Ponytail Falls” where time is made to replenish your batteries before the afternoon’s remaining rapids.
Our air-conditioned coaches depart daily from Cairns and Mission Beach. The drive to Tully, 140 kilometres south of Cairns, is a scenic journey through cloud-covered coastal mountains, clear rivers and streams, fields of sugar cane and exotic fruits. Humorous and informative commentary is supplied by your hosts for the day - RnR’s experienced and rigorously trained River Guides.
Digital photographs are available for purchase after the trip.
- Up to 5 hours of rafting
- More than 45 rapids
- Raft Grade 4 rapids through World Heritage Rainforest
- Return air-conditioned coach transfers from Cairns & Mission Beach/Tully accommodation
- Safety equipment including life jacket, helmet and spray jacket
- Additional safety “hold-on” lines equipped inside all rafts
- Freshly brewed morning tea & coffee
- Riverside BBQ lunch
What to Bring Rafting:
- Your ticket and POB Levy of $30.00
- Secured footwear is mandatory. Lace-up sandshoes or reef sandals that WILL get wet - rental shoes are available for $4.
- Swimming costume
- Change of clothes (Important!!)
- Water resistant 15+ sunscreen
- Some money for photos and souvenirs
- A cap or sun visor which can be worn under your safety helmet
Items can be left on our coach while rafting. Please do not wear any jewellery – we advise that you leave your valuables in your hotel room. You will need to sign an adventure waiver form.
Minimum age for Tully River Rafting and for Barron River Rafting is 13 years old.
Approximate Pick/Up Times:
Northern Beaches - 06:00
Cairns - 06:30
Mission Beach - 07:30
Tully (Self Drive) - 08:30
0630 – 0815 - Pick up from accommodation and travel on a scenic journey towards Tully.
0815 – 0835 - Comfort stop and opportunity to grab a quick bite, rendezvous with fellow rafters.
0835 - 0945 - Transfer to start point on river.
0945 - 1200 - Raft the first half of the gorge after safety briefing and instructions on paddling.
1200 - 1230 - Stop for a BBQ lunch.
1230 - 1430 - Raft the lower gorge to finish point.
1430 - 1645 - Change into dry clothes and board the bus where you can view photos of your adventure on the way back to your accommodation.
1700 - 1730 - Return to accommodation.
Approximate Return Times:
Northern Beaches - 18:30
Cairns - 17:30
Mission Beach - 16:00
Tully - 15:30
Departs Northern Beaches, Cairns, Mission Beach & Tully (self drive) daily.
$30.00PP Levy payable on the day of travel.